Financing a college education is likely to be one of the most expensive undertakings your students and their families will ever face. The Smart Track™ Series provides a real-world approach that allows parents to confidently prepare their student(s) for college while minimizing their stress and out-of-pocket college expenses.
Workshops Available at No Cost for High Schools
One guidance counselor explained it like this, “CPS picks up where our guidance office leaves off.” When high schools request this workshop, it is usually as a follow-up to their own Financial Aid Night. Some even call ours “Financial Aid Night II”. We have named our most popular high school workshop Demystifying Financial Aid and Maximizing College Funding. Some of the topics include:
- How to prepare for financial aid applications in advance to maximize financial assistance and minimize out of pocket expenses.
- How going to a more expensive private university may actually end up costing less!
- What it takes to position students to be the best candidate for more gift aid (Free Money) and fewer loans.
- Expensive mistakes families make and how to avoid them.
- How to get ahead by developing a customized college plan for all college costs.
- How to have the government pay a larger portion of their education expenses by legitimately increasing tax credits and deductions beyond the Hope Scholarship and the Lifetime Learning Credit.
“I am impressed with the full range of knowledge that you and your staff bring to bear on the college admission and funding process. I find the combination of financial advice, application process insight, and negotiation strategies to be exceptionally valuable, going well beyond what I expected at the beginning.”
Our president, Murray J. Miller, is a published author and popular speaker with his insider’s secrets on how to beat the high cost of college. Our professional College Planning Advisors have been featured speakers for numerous high schools, companies and other organizations, including the faculty of Harvard University. Feel free to request references from organizations that have already hosted our workshop.
We provide everything you need to announce the program to your students and their families. We even provide each family a free e-book, Winning the College Funding Game, packed with useful tips and resources regarding the entire college planning process.
School Fundraising Opportunities
Interested in a profitable fundraiser that promotes education and saves families money rather than pushes unneeded/unwanted products? Ask us about the SAT/ACT test preparation fundraising program.
Our experience has shown that every school is unique. One of our professional College Planning Advisors will work with your school administrators and guidance department to determine the best format for delivering a customized program to your students and their families. We adhere to most high schools’ non-solicitation policies in order to present families with the best learning opportunity possible.
- View our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Read what parents and educators are saying about our services
- Learn more about our individualized services for families
“As both a high school guidance counselor and a parent, I have found the process for funding education to be daunting. Looking for the best funding sources, ways to lower tuition, completing the multiple financial aid forms, and all the other associated paperwork details are all overwhelming. The team at College Planning Strategies made the process as painless as possible while working to minimize our out-of-pocket expenses…” – Ann M.
“I learned that private schools with endowments can actually cost less than state schools!”– Scott B.
“I am writing to thank you guys for making an overwhelming situation (college for 3) manageable and affordable. I do believe we are going to make it through the college years without breaking the bank or losing our minds! Thanks to all at CPS!”- Carolyn G.